View Single Post
# 11 21-11-2009 , 08:13 PM
It's amazing what you can do in 24 hours without sleep!

I finished the foot so fast I decided to just keep going. I ended up "going" all night! Here is the almost COMPLETE proxy model of the full robot!

I still have to name every thing, setup the hierarchy, rig it and test everything out. I am sure I will need to adjust things. Rigging and testing will take a while and I may need to ask for help. I have piston rigging down but may run into other problems as I have just started dabbling with rigging. I like mechs as I don't have to deal with skin binding and painting influence weights. I will go with parenting and constraints for the whole model.

Please note this is just the PROXY model (no smoothing, nothing combined yet). I was very impressed with Andrew Browns video and so I decided to attack the whole model using the workflow he suggested in the video - build proxy, rig and test proxy, adjust design, then use proxy as a guide to creating the high-res version.

I hope to start on the HIGH-RES modeling in earnest in a few days.

Hammer - I promised it would get more complicated then then simple piston I was toying with. Is this more to your liking? (lol)

user added image

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 21-11-2009 at 09:17 PM.