Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-01-2008 , 01:03 AM

My first sorta okay rigged character

Well here he is :
user added image
He is as good as I can make him other than eyes,eye brows and mouth
He needs texturing though but I have been trying to work more on other things of practice. I have a weak 1.6 intel core Dou laptop so I have a little trouble moving the intire model at once user added image I got him rigged but I had some problems with lag/freezing when doing anything with the model so I ditched the skeleton(that is easy to put back anyways),cleared the history of the model then exported only the model. I put like 4 hours into the guy since I did not know of the lovely tool average verticles user added image Besides I never did anything like this before...
Any sugestion would be apreciated like for the body or whatever
I shoudla did a background :headbang: to make him look better

Last edited by jm82792; 16-01-2008 at 01:07 AM.
# 2 16-01-2008 , 05:46 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
No bad! It looks like Patric From sponge Bob! user added image

Theres nothing much to give suggestion wise as it's just a start, except maybe get a faster computer user added image JK

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 16-01-2008 , 12:10 PM
Thanks user added image I did a relvolve then I sorta tweaked it then converted it to poly then just extruded arms and legs then wasted time by moving vertexes but well I could psuehd average verticals and shaved 1 hour from it though user added image I made him much more movable now I earased most of the objects history and remmbered I hid the nurb msh that was atached to the model so that is fixed ... I have him textured but getting spots correctly on him is well hard.... Ya he is partick I just though he'd be a nice first made rigged charcter ,he needs more work and I need to get aorund to moving IK handles better..