Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-11-2015 , 11:05 AM
Subscriber

Robot Volume 1 - Live Snap

Hello everyone,

Ran into another small problem while watching video 7.

I am attempting to 'Snap to Live Polygon' after converting the arm to a high poly object and turn on 'live snap'. When I attempt to move the vertexes as shown in the video they it does not snap to the 'live object' surface.

As you will see in the image attached - I tried all options of 'Snap to live polygon'.

Keen to hear if anyone has a simple solution to this problem. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Live snap.pdf (156.9 KB, 477 views)
# 2 28-12-2015 , 06:34 AM
Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

Although I have moved on with the tutorial, the 'Live Snap' features is still not working.

Keen to hear whether anyone can share some wisdom how I may over come this problem.

I've noticed that when I select a single vertex the snap feature works however when I select multiple vertex as in the video e.g. video 15, the object doesn't snap.

Keen to hear if anyone can help. BTW I'm working in Maya 2015.
Thanks

# 3 29-12-2015 , 08:38 AM
Subscriber
I have just done a little test and all worked fine for me both ways.

just to be clear, you are doing the following:

1. Select the object that you want to snap to
2. Making it live from the icon in the shelf
3. Selecting the object that you want to snap the verts,
4. select which verts you want to snap and move them slightly to allow them to snap to the live object?

Picture attached and highlighted for your reference

Cheers Myth

Attached Thumbnails

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1