Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 31-03-2004 , 03:33 AM
Subscriber

rendering problem

I'm running into an issue rendering a scene that I'm creating. I'm using fire dynamics on an extruded surface(there is quite a bit of it however) and after about 3 frames it renders black screen only. Can someone help me please? I'm working on a screen capture for those that work better with visuals...thanks

# 2 31-03-2004 , 10:13 PM
Subscriber
Hi CBP3D,

a screen grab would be nice... user added image

is the fire still on in the Maya viewport after frame 3 or is only when rendering there is a problem?

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 3 01-04-2004 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
strarup...the problem only seems to be in the render but I also run into a problem like a floating duplicate of the fire above the original...I did render frame 4 til the end and it worked fine however....any ideas why that might be??

# 4 01-04-2004 , 10:37 PM
Subscriber
Hi CBP3D,

nope... unfortunately I don't have an idea about what is causing it... is it e.g. posible to either see a screenshot of it, or the file?

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...