Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-12-2004 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber

so glad to be back modeling:)

Hey guys I miss you all!..I just finished my last semester and hopefully I am graduating .
now at least I dont need to deal anymore with history math etcc...all the things i dont care about.
I already feel rusty with maya , but i decided am going to dedicate my next few weeks and patch model a head of brando.
I checked some of your work and I must say you all got so much better!! ......hope to hear from you
kisses
Anita

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 2 20-12-2004 , 08:31 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Anita
I'm not one for patch modelling but this is looking promising. Dont forget to keep those spans low as possible. Look forward to the rest

_J

# 3 20-12-2004 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
yea Jango its a whole thing attach detach ..etc..its crasy but
i like being able to do stuff in all ways

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 4 20-12-2004 , 08:45 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Cool, a bit of variety never hurts does it!!:p

_J

# 5 20-12-2004 , 09:09 PM
Great start and welcome back.

# 6 20-12-2004 , 09:45 PM
Subscriber
thankxxx Rick yeah now am done with school thats it..!! if ever i have to take classes again it would b for this stuff!!!!

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 7 20-12-2004 , 11:46 PM
Subscriber
as usual the image references are screwy ..uhh sorry i felt something was wrong with the head.I had already brought the eyes closer since u notice that the only profile i have of him is far from perfect.so i am using deformers now to bring the ear closer as weel instead of redoing the curves..

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 8 20-12-2004 , 11:48 PM
Subscriber
I have not complicated myself with a lot of curves at the begining just the basics...I tried using the birail to get surfaces but it droves me nuts coz i think the curves have to be touching instead i used boundary ..much better

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 9 21-12-2004 , 12:06 AM
Subscriber
this is gona b a pain in the b*8 but thats the challenge right user added image

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 10 21-12-2004 , 10:01 AM
COOL!!!!classea are over user added image
i wish i could have time to have classes for maya too.

Anyway i think you are in the right way and looking god what you are doing so far.

Helder Real

weld some pixels !!!
# 11 21-12-2004 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
thankx PixW.I just noticed yeasterday that my curves where kinda not clean so i went crasy and restarted from the begining .what i mean not clean is that if the curve points are not evenly alligned when u birail the isoparms are all over the place and it doesnt give a nice surface.i need a clean model i wana add it to my real

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 12 21-12-2004 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
the neck was also tilted forward which made him look more like creature..any coments from u guys would be great later on.

One good thing that happened today ..I almost thought it was my graphics sard that went bad
coz everytime i rendered with maya i had some kind of like a rainbow effect on my surface ..well if any of u ever had or have this problemm...i found the solution! its a stupid thing ..for some reason my pc image resolution went down from 32 bit to 16..so that was it i put it back to 32! ..duuhhhh

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 13 21-12-2004 , 08:50 PM
Subscriber
i duplicate the nose after birail so i can sculp little details as i go on...then delete the detail..i'm just telling u guys this so that if anyone out there is interested in patch modeling maybe this would help//user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 14 21-12-2004 , 11:38 PM
Technical Director
Looks nice mate. Keep going!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 15 22-12-2004 , 12:42 AM
Subscriber
hey Peltra nice to se u around!

Alpha Gamma Sygma.