Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 20-01-2006 , 11:54 PM

No Clue about maya- plz help!

OK! People who can help me i have no clue about maya and i
have to make screen called backyard life and a animate character.

out of basic polygon and main transformation.
fence- planks need to modelled usin nurbs curves a cross section & modelled using loft, extrude.
shed, barrel and shed.

i knw you all thinkin well that sounds ease but not to someone who has no idea and the thing is we have not even been given time to learn the software is all just be rushed.

please is there any one who can help me.

# 2 21-01-2006 , 11:42 PM
There are plenty of tutorials on this sight and that can be found through google to get you started and to teach you the basics. Start with primitive forms (polygon/create) and use the transform tools on the left of your screen to start working.

# 3 22-01-2006 , 10:56 PM
Thanx arran, i will try that even thou i already i saw same of them and they didnt really help me that much.

# 4 22-01-2006 , 11:06 PM
just keep at it. If you want to do it, it will start to happen. It's really slow at first.

you might want to check out Michael Mckinley's book:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...books&v=glance

I am only half way through it at the moment, but it's really good.

Also, for me, Visual Quickstart's guide was really helpful.

user added image

# 5 23-01-2006 , 02:25 PM
Thanx arran i will check out those stuff, my deadline for this in not long to go but i will do my best mate so thanx for all your advice.
Is it me or maya slowes down your computer? coz ever since i install maya my computer is well slow. How good are you with Flash?

# 6 23-01-2006 , 08:27 PM
I don't really have much experience with Flash, I am still pretty knew to all of this as well. I understand that Maya can be a bit of a drain on your computer, but I haven't had many problems myself.

To be honest, you are not going to learn maya in a couple of weeks. It can be very confusing when you first start.

# 7 23-01-2006 , 09:04 PM
Think maya eats up your graphics when its running, as well as ram when you run simulations

# 8 25-01-2006 , 04:36 AM

Yo mamma!
# 9 25-01-2006 , 04:37 AM

Yo mamma!