Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-02-2006 , 01:03 AM

Point light

hey i have an issue, i create a point light, then i duplicate it a lot of times, but when i render, only the original one iluminates, the duplicates dont... any ideas how i can fix this?

# 2 17-02-2006 , 01:53 AM
create new lights instead of duplicating

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 18-02-2006 , 11:09 PM
yeah i know,... that works... but when u need a lot of lights, is really tiring creating one by one... and duplicating them used to work so i dont know what went wrong

# 4 19-02-2006 , 03:41 AM
yep, i have the same problem.it can be very frustrating:angery:

# 5 20-02-2006 , 11:33 PM
yes indeed... and looks like there not much will to help arnd:p

# 6 21-02-2006 , 08:57 AM
go to the duplicate options box and reset the settings then duplicate using ctrl + d. I've just done it with no problems.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 7 21-02-2006 , 04:58 PM
u yeh.... tnks...
looks like if u duplicate as instance is there when it dosnt work...
it has 2 b a copy, with also takes tiem to adjust settings 1 by 1 but is better than creating one at a time... user added image

# 8 21-02-2006 , 05:08 PM
if you want them all the same then you should turn on "duplicate input graph" and yes do them as a copy.

It's always worth playing around with some settings to see what happens....

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 9 24-02-2006 , 03:56 AM
ok ill search for that option... u see im really, really new to maya... well maybe not that new but im very stupd so i take my time to learn stuff user added image

# 10 24-02-2006 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
your not stupid, don't EVER say that. Maya is difficultt, just because you see these guys in the tuts throw polys around. render as easily as making a cup of tea, have insights to tools that seem as if they were born with the knowledge; well, they were not. Ask one of the senior members how long and how many hours a day it took and how many tuts they did to get to the level of knowledge they have.., and then be scared, very scareduser added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 11 06-03-2006 , 05:22 AM

Originally posted by Gvbbo
o but im very stupd so i take my time to learn stuff user added image

hey i didnt write stupid.... stupd is a word i use for.... something else!... so ur insulting me??... ha... Just kiddin.... tnks Mirek... yeah i guess it takes lot of time, and i want to learn so much softwares that i dont put enough time on one to learn it good... but ill try to practice more Maya... and maybe someday... so tnks.!user added image

# 12 07-03-2006 , 11:51 PM
i really wish i had this jem of information a couple of months ago!

i had to light a street with about 16 street lights, all done individually! you can check it out at nccaforum.co.uk go to the finished work thread and its under 2nd year group proj or something like that!

you gotta believe
# 13 11-03-2006 , 01:22 AM
couldnt find, but the thing is yeah is really frustating, and well 16 is kinda easy, i sometimes need like 50-100, so thats why i really need to b able to duplicate them and find a way to change the settings of one and affect the rest