Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 31-05-2006 , 01:14 PM
Subscriber
Hey Red-Lion!

Looking really interesting! Cant wait to see what it looks like when it has fur!

As for the geometry, i would change the direction of the edges around the shoulders in a more circular pattern, much like you would for the eyes and mouth.

Gud luck!

# 17 31-05-2006 , 02:38 PM
Cool, I am doing the Yeti but on my free time, like... I only got part 0 of the Yeti tutorial(the reference pics) so I am just doing that. Are Polys easier to work with than NURBS? I am having problems with NURBS...

looking cool and like a monkey,
bobalie

# 18 31-05-2006 , 07:09 PM
Subscriber
I find nurbs a fast way to get the proporsions i want. Then go over to polygons and split and move around. When i now discovered how i could work with subdivisions it's almost like you don't need Nurbs. But if you get problems with nurbs, i'm sure people here on this board can help you user added image

To arfanahmed786:
Thanks for the tips mate, I have fixxed it some, and gonna look and see if I can do even more. I hope to rig it some day user added image

Snowfall in June, I'm gonna model my own Tropic Paradise Iceland.
# 19 31-05-2006 , 10:07 PM
Cool. You know what is intensly annoying? I did almost the whole model in polys and when I was just about to save it said

" Maya 6.5 has encountered problems and needs to close.
we are sorry for this inconvenience."

:headbang: so im finally(after 3 hours) going to make it again and save it often so it doesnt do that again user added image

bobalie

P.S. good luck with furring and rigging the little guy.

# 20 01-06-2006 , 06:15 AM
Subscriber
It doesn't look like the tutorial contains rigging, so I need to download another tutorial to make it. Got some exams coming up soon, so maybe the updates will not come so often.

Snowfall in June, I'm gonna model my own Tropic Paradise Iceland.
# 21 02-06-2006 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
Bobalie, i hate it when Maya does that! I always save in increments now and then and also do Edit - Delete by type history now and then too (but make sure you are in your lowest polygon form!)

As for the rigging, i would recommend the "Low Poly Rigging" tutorial.

# 22 02-06-2006 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
lol! he looks goofy, i like it user added image

# 23 30-08-2006 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
hahaha great model =]