Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-09-2006 , 05:37 PM

How to make a window for a house

Just wondering how to create a window for my house. I have all the walls built, now I need to know how to add windows in them. Any help would be great. Thanks.

# 2 19-09-2006 , 01:04 PM
If you're using polygons you can use the boolean difference tool to punch a hole in the wall. Its in the polygons menu somewhere (haven't used it in a few months)

Or if you are planning to model another building you should consider doing what I do, which is build the wall around the window or opening. It allows for much easier modelling, visualisation and placement of finer details than booleans. But that's just me.

# 3 23-09-2006 , 12:38 PM

extrude

you can also use the extrude tool. first either split where you want the window to be then extrude out.then extrude scale in extrude back in and delet the inner face.sounds weird but it works.hope that works.

SWEET!
# 4 24-09-2006 , 02:36 AM
Thank you both. That helped a lot.