Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 05-02-2007 , 09:10 PM
Acid44
thats a wicked awesome robot man but it couldnt be very big unless you have like a 200 ft flatscreen monitor ...thatd be sick

looks good so faruser added image user added image

# 17 06-02-2007 , 01:40 PM
Subscriber
thats some awesome robot with some awesome details. definently better then my apu. good luck

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 18 06-02-2007 , 01:44 PM
Subscriber
wow this robot's looking awesome!

Good luck man! Now i'm looking even more forward to see how you model THIS wicked robot! user added image

Galadiel

# 19 06-02-2007 , 03:40 PM
Subscriber
The leg you had done looks almost exactly the same as the one you posted? Gotta ask, why copy another model? ;o

# 20 06-02-2007 , 04:26 PM
My thought exactly, why make an exact replica of another 3D-model?

# 21 06-02-2007 , 04:43 PM
actually, I'm doing the 'basic shape of this robot then I'll modifiy it... just wait abit user added image

Attached Thumbnails

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 22 06-02-2007 , 04:47 PM
great modeling, are you going to rig this when youre done?

# 23 06-02-2007 , 04:49 PM
maybe, I deleted the 'exsisting robot' post user added image Gonna start doing it from my mind user added image hehe...I'll feel more proud

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 24 06-02-2007 , 05:01 PM
Looks cool yoda! Gives me a robot spider feel user added image . Making me curious for the final thing user added image!

# 25 08-02-2007 , 06:52 AM
Subscriber
"Hey Yoda, forget the mechs for a minute, and write up this clay render tut, your link just goes to your homepage."

haha yeah what j5ive said mark :p just kidding, ived got time and id love to see you finish this first user added image great updates soo far, every update is getting better and better ...

# 26 09-02-2007 , 07:27 PM
I wonder why my clay renders are loved user added image Oh well I'll get started on the tutorial user added image

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 27 16-02-2007 , 06:51 PM
I stopped for now, because i'm re-designing my portfolio and finally working on the tutorial user added image

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 28 20-02-2007 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
Looks really sweet already, but it shares some issues I find with many of the MECH style robots beeing designed. Pysics...
Alot of people seems to forget these big machines are really heavy. THere are big and robust feet "bones" but the joints that really need to be strong are very under-dimentioned, unless thei're made from some fancy new unobtainium alloy that is super-strong.

if this is going into a quadroped or a hexapod the toes should be stron enough but if it's for a bi-ped design I fear the toes might bend or break if you applied gravity to it.
After all.. Gravity is a major reason exoskeletal creatures like insects and spiders doesn't grow to be much bigger then your palm.

That said, I'd like to see some progress on this project, as I'm a big fan of MECH style robots myself but I lack the talent to design them =/

-DX-