Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-09-2007 , 02:15 AM
Subscriber

Low poly rigging

Hi

I have just modelled the low poly character and am now following the rigging DVD. When i am following the dvd Kurts joints are much smaller than mine and the bones between are longer and thinner. This doesn't seem to be a problem until i get to rigging the hands/fingers then the joints are too big and things start to get messy. Is there a setting for reducing the joint size?

I am using maya 8.5

Thanks

Junkie Inc.

# 2 30-09-2007 , 05:11 AM
You can change it in the preferences. This will change the settings for all your drawings.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 30-09-2007 , 05:12 AM
You can also change it for the current drawing which will update the sizes automatically. (Note: If you change it in the preferences it won't update your current drawing)

Attached Images

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 30-09-2007 , 06:36 AM
Subscriber
Thanks guys

I'll give this a whirl and see if it works

Cheers

Junkie

# 5 01-10-2007 , 01:34 AM
Subscriber
Spot on Thanks for the info. ahhhh the power of the forum

Junkie