Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-09-2008 , 01:52 AM

Problem Rendering Partcile Field

I've created an explosion that I need to use for an assignment for a class and for some reason completely unknown to me the particles from the explosion will not render at all.

They do show up in the working panels, but will not render out.

Using:

Maya 8.5 Unlimited
with NVid 8800 series video card and Kentsfield Q6700 proccesors.

Running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit

# 2 03-09-2008 , 02:50 AM
Super Moderator
What particle type and what renderer are you using?

- Genny
# 3 03-09-2008 , 05:48 AM
The only particles that render via software are the cloud and blobby surface (off the top of my head, there may be another one) the others need be rendered by hardware, as you've got a gforce card then that might be the problem, if your rendering using the right engine), as the gforce cards are not qualified by autodesk (although my 7900 GTX renderes them fine).

Another solution might be is to use mental ray, I think that in 8.5 it was introduced that mental ray can render previously hardware only particles, but I'm not too sure if it was 8.5 or 2008 where that was introduced (getting old and cant remember all the version changes!)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle