Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-11-2008 , 04:46 AM

Create Realistic smoke/fire in maya?

hi everyone,
I would like to know How this has been made, I know how to create smoke, but realistic one not really sure,

maybe you guys have expirence to know how to make this kind of smoke,

if you know something/link? plz say something

tnx

# 2 08-11-2008 , 04:47 AM
that is the image

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 08-11-2008 , 07:07 AM
Have a look into fluids, just open the visor and then have a look at some of the built in scenes and then reverse engineer them

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 08-11-2008 , 10:52 AM
thanks for replay, I tried this visor, but they are all premade object, so what I am looking for is some sort of animation (3sec) fire/smoke/explosion,

any idee?

# 5 08-11-2008 , 11:08 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
I would use fluids

I think tutorialized.com had a tutorial on creating explosions in maya with fluids

it may have been a different site

UPDATE: found it, https://www.tutorialsworld.com/index....&id=1&Itemid=1

...I found a practical use for my 3d sites search feature :p

# 6 08-11-2008 , 11:12 AM
Hello dubai3d.

The type of explosion in your sample image shows an explosion that has a type of heat dynamics called "PyroClastics".

This can ONLY be achieved correctly in Maya with a Fluid simulation. i.e voxels with volumetric self shadowing properties.

The samples in the visor such as the "Blast, Fireball, Nuke & Nuke2d are examples you should try to render.

NOTE: You must renser the WHOLE sequence, not just one frame.
Once the WHOLE sample sequence is fully rendered, you will see the pyroclastic effects as fuel is born into the voxel volume.

The best way I have found to learn Fluids are with a more comprehensive training program such as those found in a Maya Master Class, or a dvd training video.

There are many out there to choose from, simply do a google search and you should have no issue finding them.

Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 7 08-11-2008 , 11:15 AM
elephant and ragecgi thanks so much for the advice,
@ragecgi. I am trying to animate the smoke and fire, I need you more advice in this section, it is 3d container , first I am going to try your notes , see what comes up,
thanks again
more idee welcome

Last edited by dubai3d; 08-11-2008 at 08:30 PM.
# 8 08-11-2008 , 11:28 PM

# 9 09-11-2008 , 12:08 AM
Have you tried looking in the Visor and seeing what the premade scenes look like and then seeing what the differences are between a standard fluid container and the one with the affect that you want?

Thats what I would do to start with that way you can learn what the different parts do.

# 10 09-11-2008 , 05:34 AM
hi gster123
nice to see you around here, you always helpful, i remember, you replied to my few question in past time

yes I tried, basically they are mostly the same , but the visor one cant be rendered with mental-ray at least i convert them to polygon .

the different are
-dynamics one can be rendered with mental-ray
-they are particle and emitters
-different shaders can be easily applied

pre-made (visor)
-cant be rendered need convert
-they are poly objects,
-shader ramp easily to apply,

basicly the both of the way are seem to be the same but few things different,

what I am looking for sort of explosion effect , comes out from ground and goes up and the the heat and temperature changes by colour (black/red/yellow)

I got the exact the same effect now, but how can I animate this fire ? that is the next question

hoop you guys can help me,

thanks again

# 11 09-11-2008 , 05:59 AM
If your using fluids and the fluid examples in the visor, they just animate when you click the play button, and they render fine. though with fluids I would tend to render in maya software as they seem to look better to me.

If you have managed to se up the explosion using fluids then again the animation plays and animates when you press the play button as the reaction starts.