Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-03-2009 , 05:47 PM

Cut faces tool issue...

Hello,

First, I'm using Maya 2009. Not sure if version matters, but you'll never know.

I think I discovered my first glitch.

When I am selecting a bunch of faces, and use the cut faces tool, it works the first cut, but doesn't thereafter. In my history list, it will say, "polycut1, polycut2, " etc, but it's obviously not cutting my faces as I'm looking at the polycount. It hasn't changed.

I created a box, and did the cut faces tool, and it works fine. I decided to close Maya and reopen again. I deleted all history. I still had the same issue.

The odd thing is, if I select the faces that I want to cut, it will cut the first time. Then if I unselect the faces, then select the faces that I want to cut again...the cut faces tool works first time, and thereafter.

Is this a weird thing? It only does on this specific model, not any newly created polygons or new file.

I didn't change any settings or anything of the sort.
I have a feeling that it's just a little glitch, but what happens if it keeps happening?

# 2 13-03-2009 , 06:37 PM
Super Moderator
Load up the default preferences. I've had stuff go all weirdo on me even though I didn't think I change anything, so one first thing I do is load up the defaults to see if its a user error.

- Genny
# 3 13-03-2009 , 09:18 PM
I *just* got it, so I didn't really have anything set to my own preference.

# 4 14-03-2009 , 04:24 AM
Super Moderator
Then I have no clue, I've never ran into that problem :x

- Genny