Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 15-03-2009 , 07:05 PM
just Like hammer said
thx

Last edited by enoch99; 15-03-2009 at 07:09 PM.
# 17 15-03-2009 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by enoch99
Perfecto, that's not comparable with what i come across browsing the net - almost 6000$. May be i have seen a price for different version

that sounds like the old price, it was reduced to match XSI by the looks of it, back in the old days
so now its $4995 US for Maya Unlimited, or $1995 for Maya complete. These are commercial versions though

i found this:
https://www.studica.com/
something there about a student pack. Perpetual licence for $388.95, includes Maya Unlimited, Motion Builder, and Toxik

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 18 16-03-2009 , 04:29 PM
thx for the link chirone.
I've read it's possible to import already modeled objects to your maya scene.How?which file types can be imported: obj,max, 3ds, dxf? i couldn't find .mb so far....any ideas?

# 19 16-03-2009 , 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by enoch99
thx for the link chirone.
I've read it's possible to import already modeled objects to your maya scene.How?which file types can be imported: obj,max, 3ds, dxf? i couldn't find .mb so far....any ideas?

Thats's odd, the .mb and .ma formats should be on the top of that drop down list when you're importing stuff can't miss them really.

- Genny
# 20 16-03-2009 , 07:36 PM
Gect what i meant is i couldnot find .mb and .ma models as much as .max and .obj on the net (turbo squid)...how can i add such file to my maya scene?

# 21 16-03-2009 , 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Theres atleast some Maya stuff on there, but it seems to be mostly geared toward 3DStudio Max.

I know you can get some free rigged characters from the 11 second club
https://www.11secondclub.com/resources/

And more freebs, thiis a link from Jeremy Birns' lighting challenges over on CGTalk
https://www.3drender.com/challenges/index.htm

Unzip/unrar them, drop them into your project folder if you like, then in Maya, go to File>Import and browse :p

- Genny