Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-03-2004 , 11:48 AM

Pouring water

I hope this is the right forum to ask this in, but I have a shot where I need a liquid to pour out of a bottle and have it form into a sphere, which will eventually become a globe.

From liquid sphere to globe I think can be done in compositong, but it's the pouring liquid into sphere I'm stumped with.

Help please user added image

# 2 12-03-2004 , 04:10 PM
Fluidsuser added image

Also, do a search on this site for:

"Interparticle collisions"

The 2 results you get will be threads that I replied to others about this same type of thinguser added image

It contains a reference to an outside tutorial on a case study/tutorial regarding your globe container geometry and the dynamics of interparticle collisions.

However, it should suffice for your needsuser added image

Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 15-03-2004 , 08:24 AM
Thanks. I did the search and found the link but the link wasn't working. Is there any other place I can find it, or any alternate URL? Thanks again user added image

# 4 01-07-2009 , 09:33 PM
Sorry I'm 5 years late on this, hehe, but:

There is now a better way to do Interparticle Collisions, pouring liquids, etc...
Use nParticles.
Check this tutorial by Duncan Brimsmead, one of the developers of Maya Fluids & the Nucleus system etc.

https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/dunca...ith_nparticles

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com