Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 30-05-2010 , 06:09 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Headphones

Have to make headphones for a class project, had a few ideas for it, either going to go with metal headphones with copper wiring wrapping around it. Or a nature meets modern type of thing and have it set up the same way but instead of copper wiring having vines or roots wrapping around the head phones. This is what I have gotten so far.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 30-05-2010 , 06:10 AM
second render...also if anyone knows a site where i can get some good front and side of a male head let me know, i would prefer not having to spend money but will if i have to.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Ozgalis; 30-05-2010 at 06:38 AM.
# 3 08-06-2010 , 11:47 PM
Subscriber
Hey looks good. Decent site for blueprints in general is https://www.the-blueprints.com you need to sign up but its free and they have loads of well everything lol.

Back to your project tho. Your headphones look to be all one piece which if you look at most is not actually the case... This will also make it really difficult to texture later on. So i would suggest making each part an individual piece e.g. have the pads at 1 object, the wire as another, the head rest as another and so on.

I love the idea of the copper / steampunk headphones thing. I think it would work really well but the nature vines stuff sounds really fun to work on too (even tho i hate doing organic things! lol)

Good luck!

- Big Tom
www.digitaltom.co.uk
# 4 14-06-2010 , 04:42 PM
Decided to go with a completeley different look than orginaly planed, used stone and called it MedEvil Sound. Still have some stuff I want to do to it, will post an update eventually

Attached Thumbnails