Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-10-2010 , 08:45 PM

Deadpool WIP

Here's my deadpool WIP. Created using 3DSMAX and Mudbox. Please note that this is not a final render, it is only using the DX plugin within 3dsmax. The normal mapping is not complete as i need to add further muscle definition and creases to his costume, and ofcourse rig and pose him

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking!

user added image

# 2 16-10-2010 , 12:51 AM
bump!

# 3 16-10-2010 , 03:02 AM
The proportions and everything look right to me. Like you say needs more work on the normal map to help push out the details like creases, muscles etc. Be good to see a wire, although from the overall feel of this I am sure the topology is great.
You have any plans to put him into a scene for the final render or you gonna go for an epic pose. Keep up the great work though and look forward to seeing a final render of this with the completed normal maps.

# 4 16-10-2010 , 07:12 AM
Subscriber
I think he`s too wide, but it just maybe the image - he is just coming across as if you scaled him in "Y" too much if you get what I mean. Deadpool has always been a skinny little fool and this guy is looking a little more like the older versions of the punisher (when I say older I mean age - put on a few pounds but can still kick mine and your ass)

Great looking model other wise but again would love to see the wire

# 5 16-10-2010 , 12:07 PM

Originally posted by leonlabyk
The proportions and everything look right to me. Like you say needs more work on the normal map to help push out the details like creases, muscles etc. Be good to see a wire, although from the overall feel of this I am sure the topology is great.
You have any plans to put him into a scene for the final render or you gonna go for an epic pose. Keep up the great work though and look forward to seeing a final render of this with the completed normal maps.

Thanks dude! i will definately put him into a scene but the very least an epic pose. I will keep the work up and try to improve it any way i can. i will post updates regularly as soon as i get a chance to action them.

Originally posted by tweetytunes
I think he`s too wide, but it just maybe the image - he is just coming across as if you scaled him in "Y" too much if you get what I mean. Deadpool has always been a skinny little fool and this guy is looking a little more like the older versions of the punisher (when I say older I mean age - put on a few pounds but can still kick mine and your ass)

Great looking model other wise but again would love to see the wire

thanks man for the feedback, i dont think he is too wide as i used reference images to flesh out the body. i know what you mean about him being skinny but to be honest there are MANY takes on his character...some skinny...and some masculine. i may toy with his body type, not sure yet.

Below are the wires, although they are early versions without the strap details and some other changes. i will put up the updated ones when i get back to my flat tomorrow.

user added image
user added image

# 6 21-10-2010 , 06:19 PM
Here is the latest wireframe with added work to muscles on his upper body... let me know what you think!!

o and the poly count is currently 4,992 tris...

i know it is quite low but wanted to set a limit of 5,000 for the base body and see how good it could get it to look..

user added image