Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 46 08-01-2011 , 10:53 AM
The thin red line
Try using spot lights on the lamp set at about .1 or lower, use the colour sampler to get the reflective colour from around the lamp for the spot light, you might have to use 2 or 3 spot lights to get the results you need taking samples from the grass area the pavement and the road. I would put some noise on the texture for the lamp and see how that looks as bullet said there is not texture on them. Also look into what reflective colour you might get of the white glass you could put a image plain in front of that..............dave

edit:forgot have the spotlights faceing up from the colour they are reflecting from

Last edited by daverave; 08-01-2011 at 11:33 AM.
# 47 16-01-2011 , 06:55 AM
I've spent too much time in front of the computer working on phone apps and somehow strained my neck or something. It might be a week before I get back to this project in case anyone has wondered where my updates were. I've just been avoiding the computer as much as possible to heal up.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 48 28-01-2011 , 11:07 PM
19 year Veteran
Don't wait too long Perfecto or the deadline will pass you by.....................

# 49 02-02-2011 , 05:12 PM
It's cool THX1138, I've been sick for the last week. Just now starting to get over it. In fact the whole family has been sick for quite awhile. Of course my son seemed to enjoy it since he didn't have to go to school for awhile. Just bad timing was all. I've been logging on for a few minutes at a time though, everyone's entries have been fun to watch. I think seeing everyone working on stuff is the best part of the competition for me.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 50 02-02-2011 , 05:38 PM
The thin red line
Sorry you didnt do the final, I thought your setup had a good chance of winning..........dave

# 51 02-02-2011 , 05:50 PM
19 year Veteran
I feel the same way to dave. A very nice entry indeed. This challenge is going to be difficult to judge anyways IMO.

# 52 02-02-2011 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
I hope you get better. Damn, I loved your before_after idea!!!