Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 21-02-2011 , 11:06 AM
Lifetime Member
They look a lot better mate. I think from memory though...those kind of bars are more suited to a chopper...cruising bike...where as the fast horses have the 'clip' ons...I could be wrong though. So your bars would be higher up (ie rotated with pivit point on body)...and the 'clip' ons would be where you have yours now...still looks good though.

Here this is what I mean....see the 'ape hangers' thats what you have but horizontal (I had the same trouble on my skybike). The Ducati has the race clips.....

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 21-02-2011 at 11:09 AM.
# 17 21-02-2011 , 02:31 PM
Bullet:
I actually wanted it to have a Chopper look, so am glad that worked out! lol
I was going for a mix of the speeder bikes from Return of the Jedi, and the sort of bikes you get in 2000AD comics. And I mostly wanted a very laid back look, so when in flight itd either look like the rider was just chilling out, or kind of pulling on the reigns of a horse, if you get what I mean.
Anyhow, out of time to make any major changes, so I'll just have to bite the bullet (excuse the pun...lol) and just concentrate on the detailing. cheers for the input though mate.

# 18 21-02-2011 , 08:39 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL no worries mate

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 22-02-2011 , 02:13 AM
I didn't notice a completed concept at the start of your entry but now that you have more progress, I'm really loving the design. It has a nice look and feel to it. Nice work.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 20 22-02-2011 , 02:21 AM
Subscriber

I didn't notice a completed concept at the start of your entry

Is there ??? where.

See what great work you do when you put the pad down - loving the details and the shape - quick work aswell

# 21 22-02-2011 , 11:26 PM
Cheers Perfecto, and cheers Tweety, I didn't fully put the pad down though.....lol

Did some renders to see if it was looking alright from various angles, and I'm happy with it so far. Just hope I get some more time before the end of the week/weekend to finish off any little bits I can, it's meant to have landing gear of sorts, that folds out of a hatch underneath. I have the hatch in place, just not built the leg etc. If I get time I will.
Here's the renders from various angles for now anyway.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Dango77; 22-02-2011 at 11:31 PM.
# 22 22-02-2011 , 11:47 PM
Subscriber

Cheers Perfecto, and cheers Tweety, I didn't fully put the pad down though.....lol

I`m trying to get mine done by friday so I can turn my attention to bulletstorm - the demo has had me hooked all week. Not fully feeling dead space 2 yet maybe beause my GF hired it for me on the PS3 and I played and loved the first on my 360. Will blast away at it once I get some money I think.

Its looking very nice indeed, nice to see it from the other views - just keep doing what your doing

# 23 23-02-2011 , 12:27 AM
Lifetime Member
Looking good mate...love the shape...LOL Im getting more and more disallusioned with you high end guys and your fantastic models...my boat seems kinda plain LOL....I assume the 'wings' extend in flight Dango??

bullet1968

# 24 23-02-2011 , 10:37 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
now this is a speed machine great model Dango

# 25 23-02-2011 , 11:50 AM
Tweety:
Yeah, I thought that I may get put off by Dead Space 2 for the same reason, I have the first one still on the 360, but I'm really loving number 2, playing it with headphones on in the dark really gets you into it!
Not tried out Bulletstorm yet, may have to try out the demo now you've mentioned it.
Thanks again for the comments, glad you're liking it!

Bullet:
Just keep practising mate, you'll only get better! Yep, the wings move out in flight, not exactly extended, just move to horizontal position at highest speed, closing in when slower.
Cheers also for the comments, they all help and are appreciated!

Murambi:
Thanks, I'm glad it's coming across as a fast machine, I was worried about that side of it but you've put my mind more at ease!

# 26 23-02-2011 , 12:01 PM
Lifetime Member
I will get better mate.....I just need the time...LOL

bullet1968

# 27 23-02-2011 , 05:38 PM
Bullet:
I'm sure you will mate, and thanks, you mentioning the folding wings got me thinking and I decided to spend a bit of time working on the mechanism for them. I'm quite pleased with how it came out, so cheers for giving my brain a kick start! Haha
Done for the day now as I have to go out, and not got much more time over the next few days, so I hope I'll get the last few bits I had planned done before Monday. Fingers crossed! lol

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 23-02-2011 , 09:43 PM
Lifetime Member
Suweeet mate...LOL thats ok...here to help...looks bloody good the way you did it too mate. Yeh I know what you mean about time!! I wasnt meant to be working this weekend but it looks like I have to...dammit...even less time on Maya...gotta hate work LOL.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 29 23-02-2011 , 10:10 PM
# 30 23-02-2011 , 11:41 PM
Subscriber
Apart from some details on the dash what more do you really have to do - looking mighty fine (and finnshed) to me