Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-07-2011 , 08:23 PM

My Dream Office Challenge - Perfecto

Hello everyone! Been getting too much free time on my hands lately and the boredom is beginning to drive me nuts, so I thought I'd hang out with the awesome Simply Maya Crew for awhile.

I didn't have any inspiration for a w.i.p. and since it's not too far into the challenge, I figured it's the perfect thing for me to join in on. I like how the challenge is left open to alot of individual creativity which makes it really appealing to me. I'll start sketching up some ideas for my dream office. Once I come up with something I like or that I can run with, I'll post it.

By the way...."miss you all"..."love you all".

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 31-07-2011 , 08:28 PM
The thin red line
Good to see you back Perfecto.......oxoxo........LOL.........dave

# 3 31-07-2011 , 09:09 PM
Subscriber
God they`ll let anyone back these days - hehe - good luck - you have been missed

# 4 31-07-2011 , 09:45 PM
Thanks Dave and Tweety.

I was thinking about doing something totally crazy and out of the box but I've decided to make my own dream office by keeping it realistic yet interjecting my personality in it. Probably not the best way to get 1st prize but I'm just going to try and take my time and have fun creating something for "me".

I consider myself creative so it's going to reflect that creative/artistic side of me. I don't know what color scheme I'm going to go with but I'm thinking about either using warm colors or neutral colors. I also want the office to be functional but not so limited to the traditional office. I want it to be a place where I can not only work but a place where I can relax and be inspired. I will probably go for more of a modern look.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 5 31-07-2011 , 11:12 PM
I plan on doing some artwork on the walls. Here's my initial concept. The idea is a bold statement that makes the back wall the focal point. That's also where the desk will be. One stripe will be coming off the back wall and going down each side wall to carry the artwork off the back wall yet keeping the focal point at the back of the room.

I also plan on going with a wood floor with a stylized area rug that compliments the room and helps tie everything together.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 6 01-08-2011 , 12:07 AM
Lifetime Member
Nice mate...good to see you back...good luck with it...love bullet xoxox

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 01-08-2011 , 02:28 AM
thx for the warm welcome Bullet.

Playing around with my color palette.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 8 01-08-2011 , 02:48 AM
Lifetime Member
Looks like an Aussie inspired room mate...aboriginal art kinda...same earthy colours too

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 9 01-08-2011 , 04:20 AM
Nicely Done Good Luck Perfecto................

# 10 01-08-2011 , 03:13 PM
Looks like a very creative and artistic start, nice bright warm colors and organic lines/shapes.
Good luck!

# 11 01-08-2011 , 04:20 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone

Here's my concepts for a wall shelf and door. I decided on a glass door because it reflects who I am. A solid door is nice because it gives privacy but I'm a people person. A glass door allows me to see other people in the building so I don't feel so isolated. I decided not to get crazy on the door design in order to keep it believable. Office doors are usually straight lines so instead of getting creative with the shape of the door, I decided to create an artistic logo instead.

I wanted to create a wall shelf that is simple yet has a sleek modern look to it.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 12 01-08-2011 , 05:04 PM
Decorative Shelf Concept

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 13 01-08-2011 , 06:59 PM
Desk Concept

I shaped the top of the desk like a paint palette which I thought was nice since it has that organic look to it. I also put part of the artwork from the door logo onto the front of the desk. I wanted the front of the desk to be solid to help keep the room from looking too busy against the back wall.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 01-08-2011 at 07:02 PM.
# 14 02-08-2011 , 08:17 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
Good to see you join in the challenge

# 15 02-08-2011 , 09:25 AM
The thin red line
I think the difficult part for you Perfecto will be to bring all your parts together with your colour feam..........dave