Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-02-2012 , 07:16 AM
Subscriber

crashing issues

so i just had my first crash since starting this project. I figured it had something to do with the multiple amounts of actions taken on the UV map so i'm biting the bullet on my weights and deleted the history. Deleted history, saved, restarted maya. But now it's still happening and at the same area, I don't get it, all i'm doing is unwrapping the clusterf*ck of maps that is my UVs and its just now giving me issues... just restarted my comp we'll see if that helps...

# 2 05-02-2012 , 12:03 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
are you trying to unwrap while smoothepreview turned on in the viewport ( the thing you get when you press "3"), this will often crash or heavily slow down Maya, I found that having Winamp on in the background sometimes lags everything as well

# 3 05-02-2012 , 07:04 PM
Subscriber
no i have it in base poly view "1" when unwrapping. IT seems to take a good 10-15 seconds when even just trying to select the UVs as well. It also like to randomly select other UVs when i'm trying to select multiple UVs. I would understand it doing that if it were a related UV but i'tt pick something on the foot while i'm picking something on the hand.

# 4 07-02-2012 , 05:17 AM
Lifetime Member
you can follow the steps given below;

1.) go to file>optimize scene size
2.) mark all the values and hit optimize.
3.) after that save the file with a new name.
4.) close maya and then re-open it after few minutes.
5.) open the last saved file.

If this way its not working then export your model/prop in .obj format. Then import it later and try UVs layout again.

# 5 07-02-2012 , 05:18 AM
Subscriber
thx i'll try that any chance u can help my UV layout problem as well?

# 6 07-02-2012 , 05:24 AM
Lifetime Member
first you try this way . if its not done then send me your file at Puneet.3d@gmail.com . i will check it once.

# 7 07-02-2012 , 05:26 AM
Subscriber