Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-03-2012 , 08:15 AM
Motion Graphic Designer

Flying Challenge - Murtaza

thanks to Simply Maya to create this opportunity for Maya users to show off their abilities, Since I am a self learned student in Maya, I doubt to attend since I don't see myself qualified for this challenge but I will do My best to learn from you guys.

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 2 03-03-2012 , 04:22 PM
If you want to join in the fun, you could do something really simple. Don't worry too much about your current skill level. Just think of it as a great learning experience. In fact, I'm pretty sure I joined a competition only a few weeks after I started working with 3d. Besides, if you submit a finished project, you'll be much better than me, as I can't even remember the last time I've completed a project that I've posted on Simply Maya.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 03-03-2012 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber

Since I am a self learned student in Maya

...and that stops you how...? user added image
I'm self taught as well (and no where near as hard core as some people here since I only get to do this stuff a few months a year) but that doesn't stop me from entering the challenges user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 05-03-2012 , 05:15 PM
Lifetime Member
Last challenge was my first one and it taught me a ton I would say it improved my skill set dramatically its worth entering and accepting critic and feedback plus you never know your idea might just win.

- Jake
# 5 07-03-2012 , 11:12 AM
Motion Graphic Designer

flying thing

Deadline is coming closer and I am not yet done with sketching!user added image

I really want to model a Helicopter, I don't know about their models but I will see what I can make, My first decision was a Mechanical Mosquito

but now plans changed!user added image

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 6 14-03-2012 , 09:56 AM
Lifetime Member
hook in mate.....you will learn a lot from challenge

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 31-03-2012 , 01:51 PM
Motion Graphic Designer

Flying thing update

Ok I take my Image plane ready,

I want to model a Helicopter call bell 206 Ranger user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 8 07-04-2012 , 12:24 PM
Motion Graphic Designer

my work progress

well I don't want to make excuses but, my computer Hard drive get damaged and I was busy as well,
here is my progress for today user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 9 12-04-2012 , 12:26 PM
Administrator