Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 28-01-2013 , 07:55 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
# 17 29-01-2013 , 09:44 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I personally have nothing against Abrams, I did like his take on StarTrek because I always found it stupid in that series that humanity was this pinaccle of goodness in the universe, while we all know that if we had teh power we would ass( bliep) the universe and enslave all the "minor" lifeforms.

I would have liked Alfonso Cuaron better as a director ( he directed Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which I think is the best movie adaptation of the series).
Or maybe Guillermo del Toro to direct and Quintin Tarantino for the dialogues.

Just bring back the dark shizzle and keep away with the JarJars, maybe use Karl Pilkington as comic relief in the movie ( Idiot abroad 4...going to tatooine user added image )

I will await what they come up with since starwars prequels were a HUGE disappointment for me.

# 18 29-01-2013 , 10:50 PM
19 year Veteran
I read yesterday that Disney canceled/postponed the 3D prequel releases. They said Phantom menace 3D didn't make enough to warrant the 3D release of AOTC and ROTS. Disney just wants to focus on starwars 7. This news should make all the prequal fans mad.

I also heard the Abrams hasn't committed to the 2015 release date of episode 7 either. So episode 7 may be released later than expected.

# 19 30-01-2013 , 10:39 AM
Lifetime Member

... This news should make all the prequal fans mad. ...

What? Both of them?

# 20 30-01-2013 , 03:29 PM
Subscriber
Hay watch it.

I just wish the whole world would dump the crap that is 3D films.
And not commiting to a date is something he does like to do ( Super8 and last few eps of Lost) but he says it because he likes to make sure they are up to standards

# 21 30-01-2013 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber
I'm surprised no one has touched on the recently released statements by Abams.

I wonder what kind of backlash he'll receive form stating that he hates star trek, and wishes all of the fans would find themselves in a galaxy far far away. dropped several F bombs as i recall form reading it.

Apparently he's still on board for atleast one more trek film, but i was very shocked to hear what he said there.

George

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 22 30-01-2013 , 10:51 PM
19 year Veteran

What? Both of them?

Yes, they have canceled both until further notice. Phantom Menace 3D only made 26 million.

Anyway, in other news the Hollywood Reporter has some info about whet went on during secret meetings between Lucasfilm and JJ Abrams. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ar-wars-416303

# 23 30-01-2013 , 10:54 PM
19 year Veteran
@G-Man, post a link to that info if you can please.

# 24 31-01-2013 , 12:38 AM
Subscriber

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 25 31-01-2013 , 01:20 AM
EduSciVis-er

# 26 31-01-2013 , 01:25 AM
19 year Veteran
Yeah, lol, I was going to say something very similar. No way Abrams would say something like that and risk his career. If he is still slated to do another startrek for paramount, he would not say something that negative against the franchise.

# 27 31-01-2013 , 11:40 AM
Subscriber
How the hell did u ever think that was a real story. Comments like that would be broadcasted everywhere

# 28 31-01-2013 , 05:42 PM
Subscriber
Not necessicarily Tweety.
American media is..... very very selective about what they show and do not show.

Everything that is broadcast here main stream are things that will advance political agendas, or hurt opposing agendas and nothing else. I.E. we hear about mass shootings, but not thwarted ones, or.. we have been kept blind about the icelandic revolution, JJ is a very liberal person in his political beliefs, to discredit him nationally would be to lose an ally in their political pressing.

So, in this country press isn't impartial and non biased, it only shows that they feel will press further their wanted goals in politics. Very very sad actually

George

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 29 01-02-2013 , 10:19 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
The media in general is full of shite. This story reminded me of the now defunct UK paper the Daily Sport, they would come up with all sorts of strange stories, 'Double Decker Bus Found on far side of the moon' was one of their best LOL, they even had a pic on the front page. I remember it oh so well.

As far as papers/tabloids go here in the UK, I dont hold much faith in what is printed regardless, theres always exaggeration and the biggest bullshitter always wins in that arena. Look at the scandal of the News international....

I think the best bet is to go by gut instinct - Abrams wouldnt say that stuff, its ludicrous, theres alot written there that would put him on the street and out of a job. The Daily Mash are probably cross he is doing Star Wars and decided to write this stuff...you would have to be a bit naive to believe that article...seriously c'mon now - just look at the ads on that site..Gary Barlow, trapped in Queens Arse!! jeysus......

The hollywood reporter is a great source as is Star Wars's own website.

Lets not get holed up on the political side or someones beliefs, its has nothing to do with the subject in hand regardless - we already have enough problems on this planet because of those things.

Its just movie making.....

Jay

# 30 06-02-2013 , 02:43 AM
Subscriber