Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-01-2014 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber

Animation Critique 2

Hi all,
May I have some feedback on this shot of a guy struggling to open a jar.
This is my second pass, just gone into spline. wanna focus a bit on arcs and overlap next.

Opening a jar BLOCKING PLUS on Vimeo

Thanks Muchuser added image

"From Concept to Completion"
# 2 21-01-2014 , 02:46 PM
Senior Animator - Sumo Digital
I find this a bit tricky to critique without being able to see more angles. My instant thought is that it's not quite right. I can't put my finger on it from this short video. But, I would suggest, if you haven't already tried it, is to film yourself acting the part out, and I do mean acting it out, not just taking the lid off a jar. Make sure you know the type of performance you want to animate, act it out on video and use that as a reference to create you animation. Do it several times from different angles, edit them all together and really get a feel for it.

# 3 21-01-2014 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber
Hi
Appriciate the feedback. Yeah i do act out the shot and use it for reference.
This is for an exercise where i have to do an action in 2-3 seconds, thats why its so short.

here is an update. I added followthrough and some anticipation. Just need to work a bit on my arcs.
Opening a jar BLOCKING PLUS 5a on Vimeo

thanks again.user added image

"From Concept to Completion"