Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-02-2016 , 04:50 AM

Test render black :(.

user added imageHey all,

I might just be too tired, but I'm using the settings in Maya 2016 after being used to Maya 2014-15. If anyone can assist in figuring out why the test renders are coming out black, that would be great.
I know it's probably something really simple and stupid, but I'm braindead.

Here's a link to the dropbox file structure. I think everything is in there, image sequence as well as the maya file structure...the files may need refreshed, but it's all there.

Thanks!

Sean

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gz4lra8a6...EeD90Auoa?dl=0

# 2 11-02-2016 , 04:56 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi Sean

I downloaded the files. I opened the scene file (desktop.0002.ma) and apart from frame 0 pointing to a non-existant image, i could not find anything weird about the file.

Your last save was on frame 340 so after relinking the textures on the image plane and IBL I just hit render and it rendered fine. Even batch renders ok (Frame 0 excluded).

What have you tried so far to troubleshoot this?

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 3 15-02-2016 , 05:11 PM

Thanks!

Hi Sean

I downloaded the files. I opened the scene file (desktop.0002.ma) and apart from frame 0 pointing to a non-existant image, i could not find anything weird about the file.

Your last save was on frame 340 so after relinking the textures on the image plane and IBL I just hit render and it rendered fine. Even batch renders ok (Frame 0 excluded).

What have you tried so far to troubleshoot this?

Good morning!

Yeah, the -1 frame offset probably wasn't set or vice versa.

I tried changing to settings, reassigning textures, updating Maya and the separate mental ray plugin, and still it wouldn't render out for me. I set all the render settings to default, and still, all I get is a black render user added image.

Very weird.

Thanks for checking. It has to be something with mental ray plugin then. That's all I can figure.
user added image