Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-06-2016 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber

Trying to convert instance to mesh

Hello Maya family, I'm looking to convert instanced objects to mesh, but I'm running into an error.
I have used soup's paintfx to array tool to replace flowers on a tree with apples. The apples are under my outliner as an instance. I'm currently trying modify > convert instance to object, and Maya is giving me the error;
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/scripts/others/convertInstanceToObject.mel line 33: No object matches name:
Am I using the right method to try to convert this? Does anybody know how I can go about fixing it? Other than that my tree is looking cool enough for Newton to sit underneath. I'll definitely post a picture for you guys later!