Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 23-01-2003 , 01:57 AM
It's Mental Ray with Final Gather and Global ilumintaion. I was thinking of something like Colorado springs, Colorado. Is that were Norad is? Cause I have an idea for the next episode. And when I have the chance I will upload some of my drawings and concept sketches of the town user added image

How to fly:
"...aim for the ground and miss..."
# 17 27-01-2003 , 07:07 PM
Subscriber
to be as real as possible you may want to think of adding some irregularities - curves, dents, sags, cracks etc. to show how gravity and time have effected your world - good start user added image like the detail

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 18 30-01-2003 , 02:04 AM
Subscriber
Hey dev, just wanted to say great job so far! I really like this. Just theres one thing. Size ratio i think is off. The bench in one of those images is almost as tall as the doorway.. could you scale it down a bit? And the stairs inside the hotel, the same thing. I really like this though, cant wait to see this animation user added image

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 19 17-03-2003 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
Ok, this topic is under new mangament user added image
----
Life with Ned: The Movie
----
I started over agian. I hoefully got the scale ratio correct. Let me know what you think. Comments as always are always welcome. Also the rendering is Mental ray w/ Final Gather and Global Illumination.
----
Here is a current render:

# 20 18-03-2003 , 12:38 AM
Subscriber
Umm..Does anyone have any tips on size ratio? user added image

# 21 18-03-2003 , 06:04 PM
Subscriber
Here is a picture of the board and a buidling textured. Let me know what you think. The textures are from the Maya Texture Library.

# 22 18-03-2003 , 11:34 PM
Subscriber
All you have to do is pay attention to relative sizes i.e the size of the bench compared to the doorway etc etc. If u need references, a good idea would be to go out and snap some photo's of, for example, a bench within its contextual background - just so u can grasp an idea of its size in comparison to its surroundings. U cant go wrong then.

It'll be very interesting to see how this develops. Keep it up!!user added image

# 23 19-03-2003 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
Ok made a flyby animation, this one is with out mental ray. Let me know what you think. Please remember that this is the first animation I have every made. Thanks go out to Mike McKinley for all of the help. user added image

https://demoreel.deviantdreams.com/flyby.avi