Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-06-2003 , 01:38 PM

making a new model for the DL Section

Hello.. I was considering uploading a model on the site. At least one now, and some more later. I wanted my first one to be small, nothing like a car or anything. Any ideas? Can't be to complicated, need to get it done in lets say an hour. Let me know if ya have any ideas, THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 17-06-2003 , 02:26 PM
What do you think of a small spaceship?
Almost lowpoly. That should help some guys get into texturing fast. And spaceships are at least more fun to work with than a shampoo bottle for example. user added image

# 3 17-06-2003 , 03:32 PM
I agree. THat might be good user added image so you think Low Polyish? I have a pretty good idea of what I can do, remember my last entry, with Fred and stuff? I was screwing around and made some kind of space ship along the way that I ended up not using, so I might fix that up for DL. THanks for the suggestion,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 4 17-06-2003 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
yes low poly would be good !! thx a lot brian user added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 5 17-06-2003 , 07:20 PM
no ideas sorry, but i just checked out your site there brian, amazing work, the jeep was way cool, and then i saw the spaceship anim (the one turning in the street) and was totally gobsmacked, i swear if they put that on the 9 oclock news it would have people running for their shotguns user added image

only problem was when i clicked on the first anim it loaded ok, but when i clicked on some more, the previous anim flickered through on the bottom third of the screen (on the first play through) when it looped back to the beginning it cleared though, the vids came up on winmed 9, i'm not sure whether its my media player or a connection prob, just thought it might be worth a mention in case its something at the server end user added image

# 6 17-06-2003 , 07:31 PM
Thx alot guys, I will post it when I get a chance. My site really needs to be updated, its missing tons of animations, and new models, but I should have a new update within the next week or so, thanks alot for mentioning it.
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!