Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-10-2003 , 11:30 AM

Democracy...

is the less bad of the political systems... but one of the worst things of democracy is when you definitely know who youre NOT voting, but you dont know who to vote... that is sad...

# 2 27-10-2003 , 12:05 AM
grr... it won the ones i was sure not to vote...

# 3 27-10-2003 , 02:38 AM
The one person you don't want to win will most always be elected in a large political fiasco.

Damn you, Bush...

Hell, I would have taken Nader, but not BUSH.

Sayonara!
~Ninkazu

# 4 27-10-2003 , 05:50 AM
As hard to believe as it may be to some people, money controls the world..it goes in a hierarchy like this:

Money->Rich Businessmen->Political Leaders(Bush and etc)->Normal Businessnes->Normal People->Poor people

Those countries who choose not to be under the money people, are considered possible enemy countries..SUCH as our muslim countries who HATE the western ways BUT still are being forced to succomb to it (ex: Iraq and etc)...

before anyone starts flaming, please do some UNBIASED research reading..

oh and:

democracy is an illusion created by those who do not have power

(take from matrix 2, he says it about choice which comes true for democracy)

user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>

Last edited by orgeeizm; 27-10-2003 at 05:56 AM.

# 5 27-10-2003 , 06:31 AM
19 year Veteran
This is slightly off topic, but I recently heard that the White House is fixing to censer all the negativity that is going on in Iraq ( troops being killed ect). The first thing that is said to have allready been done is stopping all the media coverge of the funerals for our troops that have lost their lives over in Iraq. The White House was qouted saying that they only wanted the media to cover the good things that are going over there. It seems that the troops still here in the U.S. don't want to go over there because of the U.S. kill ratio going on in Iraq due to land mines and suicide bombers.

Personally, I have'nt heard anything good happening over there since Saddam was ran out. With the presidents popularity dwindling down ever more so as the months pass by, im not surprised to see this happening. Heh, he's really tring to get is ratings back up.

Last edited by THX1138; 27-10-2003 at 06:34 AM.

# 6 27-10-2003 , 01:44 PM
Subscriber
If unbiased 'research' is watching the Matrix 2, I'd rather be biased.

# 7 27-10-2003 , 02:12 PM
Kevin
i never vote - pointless as there all as bad! assholes

# 8 27-10-2003 , 03:13 PM
no the matrix part 2 isnt part of the research...i just put that there to note that, thats where i got that qoute from..

if you want to know unbiased research, PM me and i will send you to the right direction. how do i know this..because i myself know alot of muslim people who know the real truth on the other side..not what the government controlled media tells you..im not saying that the media is lying, but they dont tell you everything..they only tell you enough to get you on their side user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>

# 9 27-10-2003 , 04:38 PM
lets make this thread as un-religious as possible (as all form of governments should be),plz....

Voting IS USEFUL. Agreed, politicians are for the most part if not all ASSHOLES. Yes, all of them will steal and favour to whomever they please. BUT they are oblighed on a minimum of achievements on certain directons based on their political alignment, so your vote can influence on the whole picture by steering the govenmento the left or right.
Right won by only a "seat?/chair?"(escaño), and it was because when left won on january right bought two chairmans to preclude left from forming government on madrid (im talking about local elections on the capital).
You had to see the evil grin on the face of Esparanza Aguirre (the stupid(not an insult just a correctly placed adjective) woman who now won) when the two chairmans just didnt showed up on the voting for making govenment (they were banished from the left wing party afterwards as there was proof of connection with right wing belonging bulding companys CEOs, but (manly because it was the right wing party who nominated the judges(as it is on power now) no proof of bribery...

Thus madrid has gone "ungoverned" until yesterday when we repeated the local elections, where right won as indecised left voters simply abstained on the basis that after what happened who cares/or that they lost whatever little hope they had on the govenment.

I voted left, even if i didnt liked the candidate much. They are all centered economical neoclasics but left is on the side of helping alliviate the speculation of the building market (wich after 4 years of right government is rampant) while right just wanted to quit a tax that mostly affected the very rich people... well builders will be happy, they have 4 years more of doing whatever they please and speculate unfettered... (now a home in madrid is expensiver than in NY... so cheers...)

Last edited by dragonfx; 27-10-2003 at 07:11 PM.

# 10 27-10-2003 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
>>if you want to know unbiased research, PM me and i will send you to the right direction. how do i know this..because i myself know alot of muslim people who know the real truth on the other side..not what the government controlled media tells you..

I think you are making a great many assumptions.

# 11 27-10-2003 , 07:20 PM
Money->Rich Businessmen->Political Leaders(Bush and etc)->Normal Businessnes->Normal People->Poor people

I wont disagree with that oversimplifyed schematics, but you might try to concieve a complexer schematics(like two or three orders of magnitude and please without including matrix...). I can recommend you a loadfull of Political Echonomy books i had to read on my Business Administration and Direction career, pal... user added image.
As well as many philosophy, politics, sociology and psichology i ve read just for knowledge´s sake...

# 12 28-10-2003 , 04:32 AM
Witchy, im not attacking you or trying to convince you to something different of any sort..all im saying is, open your mind to other possibilities..and no im not making a "great big" assumptions, but then again, that is YOUR opinion so i cant take that away from you..

heres what i think, notice what i just said up there "thats YOUR opinion so i cant take that away from you"..you notice how im not trying to force you into believing what i believe or by saying that you are wrong...what these U.N. people are doing are just exactly opposite..they are trying to force their ideas onto countries because they ASSUME that it is for their own good..It is however TRUE that for some people in one country, it might be for the good, but have these political leaders really went down there and asked every single man or woman if they wanted to be westernized or influenced or "taken over"? No they havent. And what do we get, a bunch of mad people who just want to be left alone who then in turn, turn into terrorists or some other form of evil that the U.N might call them.

Ok that was just my opinion based on reading and talking with people who have contact with their families in those countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq.. user added image

Dragonfx: Sorry for using the Matrix, i just thought that i could compare what the Merovingian guy said, with what is going on in this world as I see it..then again, all MY opinion.
And as for those books, please do tell me,..the more I know, the better/clearer understanding I have with what is going on. user added image

# 13 28-10-2003 , 11:07 AM
Subscriber

Witchy, im not attacking you or trying to convince you to something different of any sort..all im saying is, open your mind to other possibilities

I said you make a great many assumptions, not great big ones. As you have no idea what I think on this subject I am not sure how you would know whether I need to open my mind or not, or that I consider only biased media led opinion, or that I think any differently from you, or indeed that you are the only one whose mind is 'open to other possibilities'. You don't know what my opinion is. You assume you know what I think about a subject as wide as this from one comment I made implying the Matrix films are about as deeply philosophical and relevant to life as a dead squashed dog.

You assume your evidence is unbiased and that my opinion might differ from yours. Interesting assumptions but assumptions all the same. And while your opinions on the UN are interesting I am sure, I am not sure how they relate to Iraq, as the UN are not the primary force operating there and never have been.

# 14 28-10-2003 , 03:02 PM
Witchy: I dont understand why you "seem" mad at the first place..or maybe not...maybe I felt something different with your choice of words..And I know I made a general saying when I said U.N., because I didnt want to list all the majorities who are pro-into this whole war...So SORRRY then..Sorry for even using Matrix...how about JFK...oh no wait that is a movie too..cant compare it to real life now..heh...alright alright, no more arguing and sarcasms..gotta stick to democracy subject.. Sorry Witchy man, dont be mad at me now, peace be with you and also with you user added image

Anyway Dragonfx, I never had big problems like yours in my govt before in the Philippines when I was there..But one thing that is really bad in the philippines is corruption..It is everywhere..Even the previous President Estrada got caught..tsk..Im glad I dont live there anymore..But then I feel i am somewhere worse..But its ok.

Back to 3d.

Last edited by orgeeizm; 28-10-2003 at 03:09 PM.

# 15 28-10-2003 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber
The UN were not pro the war in Iraq as an organisation and never have been. I am not 'mad' I just don't agree with you making assumptions as you have. If you think people not agreeing with you makes them 'mad' however, then that's fine, as you say, it is your opinion.