Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 23-11-2003 , 03:32 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Vectorman, might tweak it but it might not be worth it seeing that his beard probably is going to cover it. Hair has been a pain sofar... he's had some bad hair days and some punk hair days, finally decided to use Maya's hair (with a lot of tweaking). Will post still soon.

# 62 23-11-2003 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
Here is what I have at the moment, still working on it, color etc...

Attached Thumbnails
# 63 23-11-2003 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber
I think the eyes look absolutely great...the rest too but the eyes and surrounding area look especially first class, the beard ( i know your tweaking anyways) looks like its been in the rain at mo but i know i couldnt get it looking anywhere near as cool....if hes set in a stormy wet scene though it would fit the bill (pardon the pun) perfectly i reckon, very neat.

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 64 23-11-2003 , 07:49 PM
The Maya Mountain
neat. user added image Haven't used the Maya fur yet. Is that what you're using?

# 65 23-11-2003 , 08:37 PM
Looks like paintFX, mike.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 66 23-11-2003 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber
Looking good!
Think if it looked a little duller and perhaps not so shiny, might get rid of that wet look a little. Think that's just a personal preference though, not a crit.

If you've used maya fur for that, it's very impressive! I know it's not recommended for long hair as it's so difficult to control when long, even with attractors. I've been experimenting with paint fx for Gollums hair and got nowhere near making it look that good yet.

Realy great work, I love it.

Chris

# 67 23-11-2003 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber
Using paint fx along a curve so I have some control over movement. Was going to use softbodies too, but this is not animation and did not want to waste time. It's a pain and very time consuming, and very fraustrating...user added image

# 68 23-11-2003 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber
On the right track though, keep at it!

The face looks great in that last shot.

# 69 24-11-2003 , 03:41 AM
Subscriber
I think that wavey, almost wet look, ei clumping is just what I'm after for the horses main. so any pointers you care to tose out would be great..

# 70 24-11-2003 , 12:55 PM
Thats really really nice! comment on the eyes they need to sag at the bottom a little, and the skink looks a lil to pink, but you have captured him really really well! Some real amazing inspring tallent in this community!

I am not worthy!
# 71 24-11-2003 , 02:23 PM
Subscriber
Thanks alot Ra1Der user added image

Pony, for the hair, make your horse live, draw some curves where you want the hair to fall, duplicate those surface curves and move them out a little, hide everything else exept lights. for this hait I used the long blonde hair. Go into paintfx mode, pick your color for the hair at the top of your screen, go to paint effects - curve utilities - attach brush to curve. Now it's playing from here. In the attribute editor play with the density and seed etc... take down the "curl" and "wiggle" to almost nothing, take down the specular and play with the sec color for the tinge. There are other things I played with, but these are the main ones to get the look I had on his beard. Good luck!

# 72 24-11-2003 , 02:24 PM
Subscriber
Ooh, and Pony, doing it this way will give you a little control with the cv's from the curve to move the hair.

# 73 24-11-2003 , 03:24 PM
Subscriber
Thankyou very much. that was short and concise.. just what I need at a time like this !! Thanks very much again. I will let you know how it goes.

# 74 24-11-2003 , 05:40 PM
The thing to be carefull with using Paint FX. It will not reflect and does not know which side it is on with a window. You can convert it to polies but be careful because it is no longer as easy to manipulate and it is very high poly. Paint FX also does not work with Mental Ray.

Very nice update. I think he is coming along great. Good job so far on the hair.

# 75 24-11-2003 , 07:18 PM
Subscriber
Moving on... Still trying to get rid of that wet look, not easy...

Attached Thumbnails