Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-01-2004 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber

Adding music

I am making the title sequence of Star Trek:TNG, and I am having trouble inserting the theme music.

I went to import, in the file menu, it comes up with "result:1" at the bottom but it doesn't seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

# 2 15-01-2004 , 11:53 PM
Subscriber
while i don't know the answer to your question (sorry!) I think it would be much easier to just do it in post, not having to struggle with maya's own (in)abilities user added image

The only constant is change...
# 3 16-01-2004 , 12:57 AM
Maya's audio support is rudimentary at best, but here are the steps for adding audio:

1) Use File -> Import to import one or more audio files.

2) Right-click on the timeline. You'll see, about halfway down the menu that appears, a "Sound" submenu.

3) Pick the sound you want to use from the Sound submenu. If you like, you can use the option box for the sound you pick to set an "offset," which is on what frame number the frame starts. Default is 0.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 4 16-01-2004 , 01:03 AM
Subscriber
yes best to do it in post.. its rudimentary becouse its ment to help lip sync.

# 5 16-01-2004 , 12:41 PM
Subscriber
yes the sound in maya is mainly just for people making lip-sync and similar things... so I too reccomend to do it in post (if you have the software).

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 6 19-01-2004 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the advice.

The thing is, when I try to import the sound, the options from the timeline, under sounds, says "No sounds available" and the output window reads "Audio File Library error 50: AFopenfile:".

What software would I need to add it afterwards?

While I'm here I have another problem. I would I produce the cloudy effect around the sun at the start of the ST:TNG titles?

# 7 19-01-2004 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber

The only constant is change...
# 8 20-01-2004 , 12:27 AM
Subscriber
stephen, for the sun afect you might want to take a stab at a sphere valume shape with light inside it.