Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-09-2010 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber

Just for play

Hi folks. I was looking at practicing some lighting, and I came up with a room, and then i decided to fill it with whatever came into my head, and I came up with this. Proably will still add some more things so it's not finished as yet. Thought I'd just post it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 30-09-2010 , 09:15 PM
Lifetime Member
Interesting room mate....like the floor.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 30-09-2010 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Ant. We all feel down from time to time.

I like that you pick up on the floor, I could have tried to go in a more realistic direction with this piece...was thinking about it after the phone I made, but it all sort of went another way. i like the fllor too.

# 4 30-09-2010 , 10:37 PM
Subscriber
I dig the room. The thing in the middle reminds me of a face.

# 5 30-09-2010 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, it is. Like a kind of abstracty robots face..think like, Wall-E, or something. I always see this guy on CG society called fabricio moraes, I really like some of his pictures, and he's got this one called 'sad robot', which I like. This was kind of inspired by that.