|14-06-2017, 03:58 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2017
Python/Mel - Specific UV transfer to a Rigged asset.
Hi there, I am totally a newb scriptor and the only stuff I learned was back in school where we wrote a simple if statement. This is something I do for my friends who have rigged assets, but I was wondering if there was a way to automate it.
If anyone is up for the challenge, and interested in helping check it out below.
Goal, transfer the UV's to the original shape node, from a duplicate.
The steps I take (and need to be taken):
1) select object A's "Orig" shape node, (in the hypergraph: hierarchy. And going to options and displaying hidden and shape nodes)
2) in the attribute editor under "Object Display" un-tick the "Intermediate Object" check box.
3) select object B's transform node, then object A's "Orig" shape node.
4) go to mesh > transfer attributes  > use these settings.
5) deselect object B's transform node
6) select object A's "Orig" shape node, then edit > delete by type > history (NOT DELETE ALL BY TYPE)
7) select object A's "Orig" shape node, retick the "Intermediate Object" check box
8) print: "UV's transfered"
For anyone who helps, I greatly appreciate it
Last edited by smiles3d : 14-06-2017 at 04:03 AM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|obj uv mapping||OriannaMainJack||Technical Issues||1||04-08-2016 02:12 PM|
|Textures not linking to tutorial maya....||dan003||Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge||2||07-03-2015 10:08 PM|
|UV layout problem||S0NOfG0D||Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge||0||26-01-2015 05:11 AM|
|UV Transfer Attributes||MrYeti||Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge||7||11-09-2013 01:11 AM|
|transfer attributes : UV||simplycreative03||Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge||9||24-09-2011 09:25 PM|