SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / My Viewports are messed HELP!

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

24-03-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
Tavis

My Viewports are messed HELP!
I have'nt used Maya in like 15 years, but got a renewed Intrested in 3d modeling Iam hoping Someone can help me out. So my issue is with the viewports, they seem reversed, so to start when i open maya all my viewports are in the negative like -y,-z,-x and perspective, so i change them to y,z,x and leave perspective alone, but still if i make a cube and move it to the right in top y view it moves left in the front z view, very confussing for me to model. can someone help me please.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mayaviewports.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	58009  
25-03-2020, 12:11 AM   #2
David
SM Site Programmer

Hi your viewports should be in -y,-z,-x see attached image. You can always try resetting your preferences by removing the prefs folder. C:\Users\username\Documents\maya\2020\prefs remove the folder, restart maya.

Welcome back to Maya.
All the best
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	viewports.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	58010