Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-02-2004 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber

Renderable Curves

I saw renderable curves mentioned in another post, and I was wondering where do I go in the menu set to create them?

Thanks user added image

# 2 15-02-2004 , 12:07 AM
Subscriber
I'm not sure about making curves renderable. I haven't done this. Maybe email the user in that post. But you can extrude a nurbs circle along a curve that will sure show up in a render. But if I remember right you were looking to keep the geo amount low, so let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

# 3 15-02-2004 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
I figure since you can do it in 3dsmax that there is a way to do it in Maya.

# 4 18-02-2004 , 12:52 PM
there is a plugin from provide3d, which can do this, otherwise I dont know how to do this is maya

go here here for a 7-day trial --> provide3d developments

# 5 18-02-2004 , 03:29 PM
Subscriber
The renderable curves in 3dsmax come from just drawing the curve then checking a "Renderable" box and you can set the radius and steps (detail). The idea being that you can quickly draw high-res wires/pipes.