If this is your first head, then its damn good. Keep it up !
If you want some critique, then look here, if not "dont read on"
- something strange going around in the mouth area where you have some strange surface wrinkles.
- Your cheek is looking like it could use some more definition.
- the ear looks like its taped on the side of the head, and its not a part of the head surface.
- the eyebrows looks funny.
- the forehead loosk a bit flat to me.
How to recover:
Take a look on the net, and see if you can find information about surface loops or edge loops. I bet this will help you alot. Even if its 3D Studio MAX tutorials, read them and learn, you can always adapt to maya.
as I said its good work for at first timer
- keep it going, you're on the right track
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S