Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-04-2004 , 03:37 AM

A matter of direction

Hi people!

My doubt is the following:

I was animating my object in a way I setted 2 keys using only one axis to rotate it. From the first key to the second, I only rotated, say, 30 degrees. When I play the animation, Maya creates the interpolation backwards, like if the object was rotating the other 330 degrees.

How can I do to revert the way Maya calculates the rotation?

Thanks.

:bgreen:
# 2 15-04-2004 , 06:04 AM
How did you key the rotation? Sometimes Maya gives this kind of problems if you use the manipulators.
Try to to set the keys inputting the angle values in the rotation channel and key it.

# 3 15-04-2004 , 09:01 AM
put a key inbetween those two at 15 degrees so you force maya to go that way.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 17-04-2004 , 05:19 AM
Thanks guys.

I tried both methods and the both worked right.
One problem I see when working with the channel box is that when the numbers are messed up it gets a little complicated. And when dealing with rigged objects, I can't always seem to reset the tranform values for the joints.
Think there's tools in rigging techniques that would help in that cases...I'll try to learn them.

Thanks again.

:bgreen: