Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-09-2002 , 05:52 PM

Animated image planes

Iam having a go at camera tracking in maya, and i need to have the film file on the camera image plane. Everytime i try choose my file to add to the image plane i get an error that it cannot read the file user added image Ive tryed everyfile type know to man and beast and i still cannot get the bugger to stick user added image

Is there anyone out there that has an idea whats going on!?

# 2 17-09-2002 , 11:58 AM
Have you tried deinterlaced images?

# 3 22-09-2002 , 11:09 PM
Yea

I don't think u can actually load a movie file into it. The way I have done it before is through an image sequenc.

Example:
image001-image055

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 4 23-09-2002 , 12:11 AM
Well ... you might want to try AVI ... but not your DIVX-and-more-plug-ins-that-mess-up-the-original-avi type ... since Maya would need a decoder to displays those.

Besides MyK has a point.

# 5 23-09-2002 , 05:25 AM
Thanks for your replys, i re-enstalled maya and it worked user added image .

You can have a avi/mov on imageplanes. But you have to key the frame-extention at the start and finish to make it play and show up in the final render.

Thx

/Nozzy

# 6 25-08-2003 , 07:40 AM
Hey Nozzy,

I'm trying to assign a mov file as a map, but cannot get it to work. Would you mind walking me through how you got it happeneing? I assigned the material, and keyed the Frame Extension so it matches the number of frames, but nothing displays or renders.

Thanks,
-dann