Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-05-2004 , 07:00 PM

problem with IKs

OK I will try to explain this as clear as possible.
I am having problems with rigging my legs and feet.
I am following a gonom tutorial step by step but maya is not doing what it should do. When I create the Iks and then key frame them and then move the root the legs and feet are not staying constrained like the should. this is also casing problems when trying to create stuff like the ball roll.
I have tried dumping my pref. and starting from scratch but it does not help, and yes I have restarted my comp. but still I get the same result.
Something else worth mentioning is I can not create a IksCsolver because when I do It tweaks my joints badly. So I am just using IkRPsolvers.
-Thanks

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
# 2 08-05-2004 , 08:59 PM
Subscriber

# 3 09-05-2004 , 02:33 AM
I keap geting this when I clik on the link...

"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Do you know why? If any one can help I am desperate!!!

# 4 09-05-2004 , 03:00 AM
You need to enable the ikHandle's Sticky attribute in the attribute editor. You can also set it in the IK Handle tool's options box so that it remains sticky each time you create an IK handle.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 09-05-2004 , 03:18 AM
No words can describe how thankfull I am!!!
I was about to lose my minde and start breaking stuff.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!