Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-05-2004 , 06:06 PM

Texturing Nurbs

Hi every body i am making an beachcraft "king Air" but i have created the model with nurbs and i don't know how to texture it

on the picture you can see my problem. Please can somebody help me user added image ?

Beachcraft

Greets,
Serhat
www.serhat-d.nl
serhatdalgara@hotmail.com

# 2 11-05-2004 , 07:31 PM
I can't really tell what the problem is by looking at the picture. Explaining how to texture NURBS from the begining would take me a long time and I wouldn't even know where to start. Why don't you check out some tutorials online like this one https://www.mtmckinley.net/tut7.html and then if you have new more specific questions I'll try to help you out more.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 3 11-05-2004 , 07:52 PM
Thnx for your help. user added image but i don't know still how i can make my texture good for the left side of the model. user added image And i have read it before that tutorial but i don't understand it

greets,
Serhat

# 4 12-05-2004 , 01:05 AM
you mean how to have the same texture on the other side of the plane?
Well, there are many ways, for example, you could put both images on the same image file but on oposite ends (i.e. one on top and one on the bottom), or you could cut the surface in half and texture each one separately using the same picture, or you could use a layered texture to attach that same file twice (once right where it is, and the other time rotated and placed in a different position.); that's just what I can think of right now.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup: