Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-06-2004 , 11:55 AM
Subscriber

repeating an animation

Hi, I need some help with repeating an animation sequence several times within a scene.

What i have is an 'atom' that i've modelled using nurb sphere's. i have created a bunch of electrons and attached them to nurb circles as motion paths.

So i have my animation of the electrons making one full revolution over 30 frames.

But what i'm having trouble with is that i want this 30 frame animation to repeat over and over, so that the atoms can be in say a 300 frame movie in which i zoom in and out etc and the electrons continually revolve around the nuclei.

If anyone can help me out that would be great

# 2 03-06-2004 , 01:09 PM
Take a look in the graph editor > Curves > Post infinity.. if you dont want it to loop forever, just copy and paste keyframes..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 03-06-2004 , 03:33 PM
Carstin,

Does this work the same way with motion path animations? I set up a simple test scene this morning (sphere attached to a circle serving as a motion path), thinking the same thing...post infinity but couldn't get it to work properly (wouldn't even show cycles after after setting up to view).

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 03-06-2004 , 05:21 PM
hmmm dunno if it works with Motion paths ..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 5 03-06-2004 , 09:01 PM
i'd forget about motion paths here... aren't the rotating stuff doing perfect circles? if so, i'd adjust their pivot to the center of rotation and just key the rotations with post infinity or write expressions for them...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 6 03-06-2004 , 09:14 PM
Cant you just use the Trax editor.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 7 04-06-2004 , 02:46 AM
Subscriber
thanks guys, i used the post infinity->cycle, on my aniamtion.. worked sweet.... and it does work on motion paths(so to speak) I just used the PI cycle on the actual object attached to the path.

Once again... thanks user added image

# 8 04-06-2004 , 12:06 PM
Ah, good to know...I'll have to take another look at that.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."