Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-06-2004 , 03:54 PM
Subscriber

poly count

hi, does ony one know how to change the colour of the poly count dark green text to white or something? i can barely read it when its on a dark poly colour.

# 2 20-06-2004 , 03:57 PM
The Maya Mountain
I believe you can change that stuff under WIndow > Settings/Preferences > Colors

# 3 20-06-2004 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
aah, cool thanks user added image does anyone know if theres a way to rest a group of points on an azis? so if i want to mirror something like a face down the middle, all of the middle points will be perfectly inline so that when i mirror it all of the points will be merged?

thanks for the last reply by the way (Y)

# 4 20-06-2004 , 05:16 PM
The Maya Mountain
Use grid snap. Holding X, click and drag on the ARROW of the move tool and it will snap all the selected vertices along the grid instead of merging them all to a single grid point.