Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-07-2004 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber

Could someone tell me how to do this please?

I absolutely like the way the model was shaded and lit in the last 3 pictures on this page (https://www.simplymaya.com/newsletters/helecopter.html).
It looks like a toy model and it looks great. I'd like to know to reproduce the effect and also how'd i get a signature on it as well. Thanks

# 2 08-07-2004 , 02:42 PM
Heh, it's just the default lambert shader with couple of area lights. The windows are just transparent blinn shaders... The signature is added in photoshop...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 08-07-2004 , 02:56 PM
Subscriber
Thanks kman.

# 4 16-07-2004 , 05:48 PM
im a total newb myself, but arent those renders created in mentalray?

# 5 16-07-2004 , 08:20 PM
yes they are but honestly dudes... you could render that kind of images with anything user added image there really are no special tricks to it... just careful placing of the lights and tweaking the light attributes... that's it...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!