Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-07-2004 , 03:51 AM
Subscriber

Vehicle Rig

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help give me some suggestions on how I should rig up an offroad vehicle. I have some basic ideas, however was wondering if anyone might have something better. I would preferably like to have a good suspension that can react well with the terrain.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, especially since this project has a very limited time scale. Thanks in advance.

~InvaZimm

# 2 03-08-2004 , 02:05 AM
Depends on the vehicule and kind of suspension you have. In a vehicule the only rigging you shoudl have to do is anything that you want to move in an animation. So if you dont have doors opening and closing. And you dont have the trunk or hood opening or closing. Dont touch them.

for offroad suspension, pistons, stuff liek that seems like the biggest thing....

I wish i could help... just dont do things that wont be noticed. Kinda like dont rig a whole body just to move a finger...

# 3 17-08-2004 , 10:23 PM
Technical Director
Or using expressions to rotate the tires when the car is translated.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.