Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-07-2004 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber

Converting: Nurbs to Poly.

Ok everytime i try to convert nurbs to polygons, i keep getting errors. I've been told to check the script editor, but when I look at it, i dont understand it.

// Result: nurbsToPoly1 nurbsTessellate1 //
// Error: NURBS to Polygons: Shell tessellation failed. Open Script Editor for details //

That's all it says and I don't know how to solve that.

I'm using maya 6 by the way, it seem to have more option than before, I've messed around with it and nothing works for me so far, not even on simple shapes. So any help would be nice. user added image

# 2 27-07-2004 , 09:55 PM
In you covert to nurbs to polygon option box make sure you have control points selected.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 27-07-2004 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
Yeah I've selected control points. It still got errors.

When converting, it DOES convert, but it says error, plus it looks very very rough.

Last edited by Anhslaught; 27-07-2004 at 10:11 PM.
# 4 27-07-2004 , 10:43 PM
Post up a picture if you can.. IF it converts the poly will be a lot rougher than the nurbs but that will change later on in the tut.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 5 28-07-2004 , 01:50 AM
Subscriber
Error: No object matches name: polyToSubdShape3

This happened while i converted Polygons to SubD. I don't see anything wrong with the model, but apparently theres an error. You know what's wrong?

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 28-07-2004 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
as for the previous problem, which is converting nurbs to poly. I've gone pass that step with the problem but i decided to convert sub D to nurbs so that i could convert nurbs to poly to show you again. This is what it says in the error.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 28-07-2004 , 02:11 AM
Its fine dont worry about it... it happens to me as well....

Just spend some time pushing and pulling the geo around to start getting some better form. Looks good so far.

Kurt

# 8 28-07-2004 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, I appreciate the help. user added image