Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-08-2004 , 06:53 AM

2 render questions

first of all i dont know how to get that box up that shows you the exact size of the rendered frame.

second off, for some reason I dont have the option of rendering with mental ray anylonger..

Im using Maya 5, and I havnt messed with anything that would have changed that..

please help..

# 2 02-08-2004 , 06:57 AM
Not sure about the first one, but as to question 2, go to Window>Settings and Preferences>Plug-in Manager. From there check the box next to MayatoMR.

# 3 02-08-2004 , 09:46 AM
Subscriber
hmm i had the same problems. One time i was trying to render out vectors and it didnt appear. I dont know what i did, but it finally appeared. Sounds like the same problem you're having. I wanna know why it does that also. user added image

# 4 02-08-2004 , 01:10 PM
for the first question you need to go to the view menu in the panel and then camera settings and turn on "safe action"

And the sceond question is simply that maya screws up from time to time and forgets to load plugins. It's no biggy just reload them and make sure auto load is turned on.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 02-08-2004 , 08:23 PM
I use "resolution gate", that gives you the exact frame depending on your rendering resolution... what does "safe action" display exactly?

# 6 03-08-2004 , 08:56 AM
thanks for all the help guys..

i have anouther question..

for some reason whenever I put a glow effect on an object, the glow doesnt get rendered out in mental ray... Is there a way to do this?

# 7 03-08-2004 , 10:11 AM
it's a maya software post effect, You will need to do it in maya software and then comp it on.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 8 03-08-2004 , 05:48 PM
how do I comp it in?