Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-09-2004 , 07:10 PM

Merkava 2b

First post i try to attach an image to. Right now it's a bunch of polygons but i hope it would look like a Merkava 2b - An israeli Main Battle tank (used to be...)

Attached Images
# 2 06-09-2004 , 04:37 PM
Started to work on the turret today. still not much to look at but I think i'll finish with the basic shapes and start carving the details later this week.
Since this is my first model I don't plan ahead the polygon count and the number of sides of each polygon. I care only for the shape i'll get at the end.
Can anyone explain me why 4-sided polygons are the "best" and why other kinds of polygons make artists sweat?!

Attached Images