Maya Training

Creating characters In Maya and Zbrush

Maya Training

Creating character renders in Maya 2017 and Arnold

Maya Training

Spach-Alspaugh House the complete courseware
You are here > Home > SimplyMaya Community Forums

Welcome to Simply Maya

Please Sign in or Sign up for an account

Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Old 23-12-2004, 10:50 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Paint Effects question

I was really amazed by something I never have used before. I don’t even know what it is called. In Maya 3d Paint and Paint Effects, you can select brush textures that paint complete objects like flowers, grass, clouds, etc.

Using these I painted a scene in a few minutes that would have normally have taken me all day.

What are these paint textures called? Can I get them for photoshop? What are they normally used for in image making?

I am probably missing something here, but I don’t see why anyone needs to work hours creating clouds, grass, flowers, etc. for their art work if they can just buy the canned art, ready to go.

Where do you buy them and what are they called?

diamondx is offline   Reply With Quote

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
paint effects... se7enhedd Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge 4 04-12-2010 04:59 PM

Thread Tools

A little bit about who we are
Links you might find useful
Catch up with SimplyMaya
SimplyMaya specialises in Maya tutorials. We offer over 1,000 individual Maya training videos, ranging from basic Maya tutorials through to intermediate Maya tutorials. Our tutorials are created by instructors with industry experience and are designed to get you up and running in Maya quickly without making it seem like hard work.

Copyright © 1999-2017 SimplyMaya - vBulletin® Copyright © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.