Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-03-2005 , 10:38 AM
Subscriber

Making a text logo

So i scetched up a logo with my nickname in it, and i wonder what the method of doing this in maya is, i tried making the letters with curves, but im not totally sure how to get a complete shape out of that.... any hints? user added image

# 2 31-03-2005 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
ok, use the cv curve tool, go to either side or front viewport, and then instead aof moving ur mouse for every point, click three times on one spot, then make the letter, if u want it straight, ir gonna have to click twice from the starting of the straght line...

hope this helps

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 3 31-03-2005 , 02:59 PM
If you can scan your image then import it into Maya and assign it to a poly plane or image plane.

Use the curve tool to trace it. I usually use the top view. You may have to play with it in order to get the proper layout. If you have hard angular lines in the logo then set the curve degree to 1, if there are rounded curves use degree 3. When coming to a corver using degree 3 you will have to click once just before the corner, once right on the middle of the corner and one right after .

Once you have the curves set then you can use the Bevel Plus tool to make the actual geometry, this is a pretty simple was to do it. Look at the tool setting to change how the logo will look. If you have a letter "A" for example then you have to select both curves, the inside and the outside, before hitting bevel plus.

# 4 31-03-2005 , 06:35 PM
Subscriber
that bevel tool was just what i was looking for, thx for helping =)

# 5 04-04-2005 , 06:47 AM

BevelPlus

# 6 04-04-2005 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
hmm any idea what codec that clip uses? :o

# 7 05-04-2005 , 12:28 AM

clip

The clip was made using Camtasia Studio.

It uses the TechSmith Screen Capture Codec (TSCC). You can get a copy of it from the techsmith website.

Cheers

# 8 05-04-2005 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
excellent, thanks user added image

even learned where that poly count option was hidden too user added image

# 9 05-04-2005 , 05:08 PM
Subscriber
instead of having to trace all the letters with curves why not just experiment with the text tool under the create tab will mkae your letters and fill them for you too althouygh you need a font that looks something like ytu want shouldn't be too hard to find